Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Enchanting Nicholette- Everstone Chronicles Novella

In this captivating novella by Dawn Crandall, Nicholette Everstone is already a widow at the age of twenty-two: her husband was murdered on their wedding day. She has just returned to Boston after two years of mourning in Europe. Although her husband was loving, the marriage was an arranged one, and Nicholette would like to wed again--this time for love...and to someone safe

As she acclimates to life in Back Bay again, Nicholette meets someone she can't help but fall for. But when she learns of the danger and sacrifices Cal Hawthorne takes on for the safety of others, will her heart be strong enough to keep her fears of "what if" at bay?


Published October 9th 2018 
by Whitaker House





My Thoughts:

I became invested in Everstone Chronicles with the first book I read.  So, when I found out Dawn Crandall was writing a novella I knew I had to read it.  Needless to say I was not disappointed.  
This story centers around Nicholette Everstone, a young woman who was widowed on her wedding day.  In true "Crandall Style" I was immediately swept back to Boston 1893 where the story captures both time and place.  This young, woman intrigued me and made me want to get to know her better.  She is young, beautiful, and wealthy, but she is also so much more.  At her return everyone is encouraging marriage, but she wonders just how and where she will fit into society.  Yes, she would like to marry and have children, but at the same time she has unresolved feeling about her arranged marriage to William.  I like how the author makes this character feel real by showing her turmoil and grief with real and raw emotions.  
For me, this was a truly wonderful story.  I liked all the characters and revisiting characters from the previous books in the series.  There were elements of romantic tension, mystery, twists and turns, love, grief and faith which is perfect in a story for me.  
This is a book I would recommend to anyone who loves romance or historical fiction. 

*I received this book from the author via the publisher.  I was not expected to write a positive review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

Available for Purchase:



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful review, Katrina! I adored The Everstone Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caryl, I did too. I love this author's style of writing. Thank you for the kind words and stopping by.
      Blessings

      Delete