Monday, November 5, 2018

Code of Honor #2

Hidden Peril (Code of Honor #2)
Published October 2nd 2018 
by Fleming H. Revell Company

The most dangerous enemy is the one who has nothing to lose
As teenagers, Kristin Dane and her two best friends took a vow to make the world a better place. Twenty years later, she's fulfilling that pledge through her fair trade shop that features products from around the world. All is well until, one by one, people connected to the shop begin dying. 

Detective Luke Carter, new to the St. Louis PD, wants to know why. Before he can answer that question, however, the FBI weighs in and Kristin suddenly finds herself in the middle of international intrigue--and in the sights of the ruthless mastermind behind an ingenious and deadly scheme. Can this cold-blooded killer be stopped before more people die . . . including Kristin?

Available for Purchase:


My Thoughts:

This is the second book in the Code of Honor series from Irene Hannon, but I felt this was a book that is easily without reading the first one.  I would like to note that I advise anyone to read the first book to get the full impact of the series.  
I really enjoyed this book and read it in one setting.  The plot quickly pulled me in and held me until the last page.  I felt this was a fast paced suspense laced with a mystery and romance.  The characters are both strong and well developed.   For me the author brought the characters to life and made me feel like I could be friends with them.  I like how neither were afraid to show their faith.  Kristin was a person who wanted to help others have a better life.  She was always reaching out a hand to help anyone.  I like how the author conveyed genuine friendship between the two characters. 
For me this was a wonderful story and contained all the things I love in a story (suspense, mystery, faith, romance and love).  This is a book I would recommend to anyone who wants loves a good book. 

**I received this book from the publishers as part of their book bloggers program.  I was not expected to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Irene Hannon is one of my MUST read authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of mine too, Caryl. I love this series. Thank you for stopping by.
      Blessings

      Delete