Friday, July 13, 2018

Amish Cooking Class Cookbook

Over 200 Practical Recipes For Use in Any Kitchen

Published February 1st 2018 
by Shiloh Run Press

Available for Purchase:



My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this book.  I love cookbooks and can read them sort of like a novel.  I must admit that when I received this book, though I shouldn't have been, I was a little surprised.  The book contains a collection of recipes that Heidi taught in class in the author's Amish Cooking Class series.  Even though I had not read the books in the series I was still amazed at the ease I could slip into this book.  The variety of recipes come from women in various Amish Communities and I got really excited to see recipes that were from communities close to where I lived.  Basically the series is about Heidi Troyer who is married, but has not been blessed with children and looking for a purpose she offers cooking classes to all ages in her home.  
This book is divided into sections (chapters) that are very descriptive so you get a feeling for what's covered.  For instance, Advice from Fellow Cooks was not only interesting but also helpful for any new cook or even a seasoned cook who maybe trying something new.  Each section I found one or more recipes I plan to try.  Each come with step by step instructions that are easy to follow.  
This is a wonderful book that would make a great wedding gift or someone moving into their own home/apartment or even for someone like me who just loves cookbooks.  Even though this book is a companion to the author's series I feel it's definitely a stand alone book.  
*I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  I was not required to write a positive review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  


No comments:

Post a Comment