Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Hope Harbor #4

Pelican Point by Irene Hannon 
Published April 3rd 2018 
 by Fleming H. Revell Company  

In the midst of life's storms, unexpected love is a beacon of hope.

A crumbling lighthouse is not part of the inheritance Army doctor Ben Garrison expects to claim when he journeys to Hope Harbor. Fresh out of the service, he wants only to unload the tower of bricks, decompress from years of treating battlefield trauma, and prepare to launch his civilian
career.

Hope Harbor Herald editor Marci Weber has other ideas. She may not be a Hope Harbor native, but the small Oregon seaside town has become home--and she's determined to save the Pelican Point landmark.

Sparks fly as the two go head-to-head over the fate of the lighthouse. But when they start to cooperate, a different kind of fire ignites. Can Hope Harbor heal the hearts of these two romance-wary souls?
  

Book Trailer:

 

My Thoughts:


This is the fourth installment in the Hope Harbor series, but with that being said I feel this is a stand alone story. The author brings us a touching story. The author takes us to the Oregon coast where we meet Ben Garrison, an army surgeon, who has just flown from the middle east to prepare a memorial service for his grandfather, to settle the estate and to start his civilian life. Ben has fond memories of the area from the summers he spent with his grandfather. Nothing prepared him for the news of his inheritance of Pelican Point Lighthouse and the total shambles it's fell into.
Marci Weber has lived in Hope Harbor for two years where she owns and runs Hope Harbor Herald. She had became friends with Ned Garrison and his death has hit her hard. Her first introduction to his grandson was not what she had expected or even hope for. Both have a common interest, Pelican Point Lighthouse, but for not the same reasons. Ben wants to sell it and Marci wants to save it.
This is a well written book and it makes me want to visit Hope Harbor. It has a sweet plot that immediately pulled me it. It includes elements of mystery, intrigue, humor, grief, love, and faith. The characters are both engaging and endearing to me. I could see myself sitting on a bench having a conversation with both. The setting is both realistic and perceptive so it captured both time and place for me. The character is this entire series that intrigues me the most is Charley and is scrumptious food. I have never had a fish taco, but would definitely try one of his while getting some life advice from him.
This is a book I would recommend to anyone who love a good, clean read. It touches on the tough subject of PTSD, but I think it is written with a realistic view. I received this book from the publisher as part of their book bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Available for Purchase:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment