Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Thatcher Sisters

Published May 8th 2018
 by Tyndale House Publishers

It’s been ten years since Payton Thatcher’s twin sister died in an accident, leaving the entire family to cope in whatever ways they could. No longer half of a pair, Payton reinvents herself as a partner in a successful party-planning business and is doing just fine—as long as she manages to hold her memories and her family at arm’s length.
But with her middle sister Jillian’s engagement, Payton’s party-planning skills are called into action. Which means working alongside her opinionated oldest sister, Johanna, who always seems ready for a fight. They can only hope that a wedding might be just the occasion to heal the resentment and jealousy that divides them . . . until a frightening diagnosis threatens Jillian’s plans and her future. As old wounds are reopened and the family faces the possibility of another tragedy, the Thatchers must decide if they will pull together or be driven further apart.
Available for Purchase:

Image may contain: 1 person, text
"Sometimes you just have to forget the other stuff and remember we're sisters."

Meet the Author:
Beth K. Vogt is a non-fiction author and editor who said she’d never write fiction. She’s the wife of an Air Force family physician (now in solo practice) who said she’d never marry a doctor—or anyone in the military. She’s a mom of four who said she’d never have kids. Now Beth believes God’s best often waits behind the doors marked “Never.” A Christy Award winner, as well as an ACFW Carol Award winner, Beth’s first women’s fiction novel for Tyndale House Publishers, Things I Never Told You, releases May 2018.

Connect Online:


My Thoughts:

I loved this book!!
I love reading a good story, but this story swallowed me heart and soul.  
(Warning, this book should come with a box of tissues.)
Beth Vogt weaved words together that evoked so many emotions for me.  In fact, after reading the last page I found myself thinking of these characters. 
I knew when I received this book I would need to set aside time to immerse myself in the story, but I had no idea how deeply it would touch me.  
This is the first book about the Thatcher sisters/family.  Ten years ago the unthinkable happened, Pepper Thatcher was killed in an accident.  As you can imagine this was very difficult for the Thatcher family, but no one more than Payton who was Pepper's twin.  Every time Payton looks in the mirror she sees Pepper or what at least what she would have looked like.  Payton is coping with her loss the best that she can, but she is suddenly free falling without a safety net.  Normally your family would be there to catch you, but Payton has held her family at arm's length since Pepper's death. She's afraid if she loves too hard or gets too close and loses someone that the hurt will be more than she can endure, plus she's hiding a secret that she's afraid to reveal to anyone.  
Payton owns and operates a successful party planning business, so when her sister Jillian becomes engaged it's natural she would ask Payton for help.  Unfortunately Payton knows this means working with her older sister, Johanna, who is not only bossy, but also wants to organized everything.  She puts aside her anxiety and agrees for Jillian's sake, but with being around her family more than usual has brought her nightmares on with a vengeance.  Plus the resurface of Zachary Gaines  could also have an influence on her nightmares returning.  Zachary Gaines was the boy involved in Pepper's accident and knows the secret she's held close all this time. 
This captivating story immediately pulled me in immediately and held me, until I fell asleep at 3 am, until the last page was turned.  It captures emotions that are both real and raw.  Yes, I think this is a story everyone will love and I recommend it.  
**I received this book from the publisher.  I was not required to write a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment