Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Secret Past

For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest;
neither anything hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
                     ~Luke 8:17


Published April 3rd 2018
 by Love Inspired Suspense  


Her life is a lie
She’s not who she thinks she is

With gunmen at her doorstep, Katie Tribani learns her true identity. She’s been in witness protection since childhood, and now her crime-lord father has found her. As bullets fly, US marshal Daniel Knight whisks her to safety—but not for long. Captured and held prisoner, only Katie can unearth her secret past…if she can survive long enough.
 


Available for Purchase:

My Thoughts:

I loved this book!!
I think debut author Sharee Stover has written a hit. I was immediately drawn into the story and held until the last page was turned.  This story is full of edge of your seat suspense, romantic tension, engaging characters, raw/real emotions and faith.  For me this is the combination of a great story. 
I immediately was drawn to Katie.  She appears to be the girl next door living in a small community in Nebraska.  Suddenly secrets are revealed and she is literally running for her life.  Some may think she's an innocent victim and I guess to some extent she is, but as the story progresses her strength of character proves she's a survivor.  
This is a fast paced plot full of twists and turns that kept me not only reading, but engaged in the outcome of the story.  The author's use of imagery brought the setting to life for me.  The characters are both strong and realistic.  Katie is someone I can imagine having as a friend.  Daniel is a character with a tough exterior and a softer side.  
This of course is the first book for the author so she is a new author for me. I loved her writing style from the  first page, so I will anxiously await her next book.  
I received this book from the author via the publisher.  I was not required to write a positive review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  


The Author:


 
Colorado native Sharee Stover lives in Nebraska with her real-life-hero husband, three too-good-to-be-true children and two dogs. A self-proclaimed word nerd, she loves the power of words to transform, ignite and restore. She writes Christian romantic suspense combining heart-racing, nail-biting suspense and the delight of falling in love all in one. When she isn’t writing, Sharee enjoys reading, crocheting and walking with her obnoxiously lovable German Shepherd.

If you would like to connect with Sharee Stover online:


No comments:

Post a Comment