Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Art of Falling

The Art of Falling
Published by Redbud Press
4 Stars


A Brief Description:

Heather Tornsten needs a man…a celebrity, more specifically, for a fundraising gala for the Dallas art museum, where she works. And what better headliner than bull rider Wyatt Lawrence? Although why people idolize grown men who make their living falling off animals, she’ll never understand.

When his mom was diagnosed with cancer, Wyatt determined to focus on doing what she wants—like visiting some art museum. But when his mom teams up with Heather Tornsten to get him involved in a fundraiser, he knows he’s been set up. The more involved he gets with the pretty events coordinator, the more he realizes falling off a bull is far safer. Because falling for Heather–who has made it clear that she won’t risk her heart on any man who courts danger–might break a whole lot more than his bones.

My Review:
What a sweet story about taking chances. 
This story is also about facing our fears. 
We are introduced to a world famous bullrider, Wyatt Lawrence who is facing on of his greatest fears, the possibility of losing his mother.  Both he and his mother have a great faith in God and know that he is with them every step of their journey.  Heather Tornsten lost her brother in a climbing accident and his death has shaped how she lives her life, safe. 
Of course, when in the course of her job, she needs a popular name to emcee a gala fundraiser Wyatt's name pops up. Wyatt doesn't feel he's the right person for the job.  Jeez, he's  boots, chaps and a Stetson not  black tie for goodness sakes. 
A sweet romance with lots of faith thrown in.  I really liked Heather and could understand her fears and Wyatt was just as lovable.  The entire time I was reading this story I kept telling the characters to let go and let God take control because I knew he would lead them in the direction they were meant to go.  This is a quick read, but comes with not only a great story but also a great message. 
I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good romance or inspirational read. 
I was given this book via Redbud Press for a honest review without bias as stated above.  All opinions and thoughts are my own. 

Meet the Author:

Julie Jarnagin

I write sweet romances. I’m a small-town girl who moved to the not-so-big city. I’m mom to the sweetest little boy on the planet and wife to an amazing man who puts up with all my nerdy quirks. If we meet, you’ll know it’s me by my Oklahoma drawl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment