Monday, March 12, 2018

Why I Hate Green Beans

When Revell offered this book for review I immediately felt that it was one I would like so I applied.  It arrived with several other fiction books I had been looking forward to reading, so needless to say it was placed on my TBR stack by my bed.  Had I of known then what I know now I would have opened it immediately.  Let me introduce to you debut author Lincee Ray's book:

Cover Art
Published February 6th 2018
 by Revell

If there is one thing Lincee Ray has learned over the years, it's that the majority of women on the planet struggle with insecurities. Our skinny jeans mock us. Our just-trying-to-help mothers are just driving us crazy. Our social media feeds taunt us with everyone else's picture-perfect lives. It's enough to send you on a gummy-bear bender while binge-watching Friendsreruns and not showering for a week. Lincee knows. She's been there. Right there, in fact. Gummy bears and all.

For every woman who's ever wondered if she's unlovable, uninteresting, or unattractive, Lincee offers her particular brand of hilarious (and hard-hitting) self-reflection. Like a true friend, she shows us that the fastest way to happiness is to embrace ourselves in all our imperfection, trust that God knew what he was doing when he made us, and maybe go buy a new tube of mascara. Walk alongside Lincee as she discovers that her identity is not found in her job, her relationship status, her bank account, or her social circle. It's found in Christ.
 


Available for Purchase:

Meet the Author:

LinceeI began blogging accidentally when I wrote a recap for the beloved show everyone loves to hate — The Bachelor. What began as a place for closeted fans to commune and discuss the wonder that is Our Host Chris Harrison slowly morphed into a place where I share stories about everyday life.
One day, my Bachelor recap landed on the desk of an editor at Entertainment Weekly. That sweet woman quickly deduced that I am a pop culture weirdo who probably watches all of the teenybopper shows on The CW. She was right. When I’m not watching TV for a living, you can probably find me speaking to various groups of women, including business and church groups. If all else fails, look for me in a darkened movie theater or at a live music venue.
I taught myself to say the ABCs backwards as a child. It kills at parties. I really do hate green beans and am a little too enthusiastic about Netflix, mix tapes and holiday-themed Oreos. I also believe that it’s important to tell your story—even the ones that make you seem a little crazy.
Thanks for hanging out in my little corner of the World Wide Web. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, concerns or just want to say hello. Please note that if you’re emailing to tell me how incredible your grandma’s green bean casserole is, I appreciate the gesture, but I’ve tried an array of recipes and I can confirm that they all smell like feet. I appreciate you for offering, but I’m going to have to pass.
My Thoughts:
I loved this book.  The author opens up and tells her story.  This story will bring both a smile to your face and you might shed a tear while reading it.  It brought forth so many emotions for me.  Lincee is much younger than me, but when she opened up about her memories from school I was right there going through my own memories, insecurities, mistakes and successes.  I was hooked right then and there.   As she opens up about her life up until this point I read both raw and real emotions.  She encourages other women by saying none of us are perfect, far from it, but when we depend on God all things are possible.  While reading this book I kept thinking I wish I would tell Lincee that I understood what she was going through and that I would love to be her friend.  Yes, this is a book that you can relate to.   
This is a book I would recommend to anyone.  I received this book from the publisher as part of their book bloggers program.  I was not required to write a positive review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  


No comments:

Post a Comment