Thursday, July 28, 2016

HCSB The Illustrator's Notetaking Bible

HCSB Illustrator's Notetaking Bible, British Tan, LeatherTouch 
Published July 1st 2016
 by Holman Bible Publishers


Description:

The Illustrator’s Notetaking Bible combines two hot trends: Bible journaling and adult coloring. Each two-page Bible spread contains a line-drawn illustration that you can fill in with whatever colors you choose. It includes three varieties of illustrations: (1) filigree, (2) Scripture quotes, and (3) drawings that illustrate the topic of the corresponding Bible text. It's ideal for Bible study, homeschool moms, coloring book enthusiasts, and the scrapbooking community.

Features
  • One-column interior design allowing your notes to be next to the applicable Scripture
  • Over 600 beautifully integrated illustrations facilitating your creative side, yet ample white space to create your own as well
  • 2-inch ruled margins ideal for recording observations, lessons, reflections, prayers or notes
  • Exceptional way to express yourself and your spiritual journey right alongside the Bible passages you read and study
  • It's a perfect gift and lifelong keepsake
  • Durable LeatherTouch hardcover binding will travel well and keep for years
  • Eight pages of full-color maps
  • Ribbon marker
  • Gold page edges
  • Presentation page
  • 7-point text size
  • 8.75" x 6.75"

My Thoughts:

This is a beautiful bible.  
I have been fascinated by the new note taking bibles.  In fact, my daughter requested one last year for Christmas.  During my shopping I searched several different bibles trying to find one just for her.  My research was lead me to many bibles so I saw what was available.
 The first thing I noticed about this bible was the cover.  It's a hard backing cover with soft leather which I really like. It's soft, but when in church taking notes it give a sturdy support while taking notes.  Also the cover appears very durable.  There is a handy ribbon marker where you can mark your page and be able to come right back to where you left off.  
As you open the cover the inside page has wonderful illustrations where you can begin to color as you choose.  Next comes the presentation page if you want to present this bible to someone.  Holman does a terrific job including a contents page, a page that describes God's plan for salvation, introduction and also commonly used abbreviations.  At the end of the bible is a place for bullet notes, a daily reading plan,  a concordance, and  8 beautifully colored maps.
There are over 600 images, filigree and text designs for coloring.  Each illustration is in a light grey color for easy coloring.  Illustrations were done by Kristi Smith.  She is an award-winning illustrator at Juicebox Designs from Nashville, Tennessee.  Each illustration to me was very inviting to pick up colored pencils.  
A the very first of the Old Testament is a wonderful lined page that can be used to add notes to.  Starting with Genesis there's easy to read print with lined margins that can be used for note taking or your own illustrations. The print text is 7-point, which for me was easy to read, not too small and clear.   Of course everything repeats itself  with the New Testament.  
This bible is perfect for everyday use when doing daily reading, using it with devotional reading to highlight areas to remember or jotting down a quick note to remember, or taking it to church to use.  Basically it can work for any occasion.  Using the illustrations for coloring can be very relaxing and help you focus on God's word, or at least for me it did.  
I would recommend this bible to any adult or older teen or even as a gift. My daughter now wishes she had waited for this one because it offers so much more than the one I gave her, so I guess everyone now knows one gift I am buying her for Christmas. :)

*I received this book from BHP/Lifeway Publishing Group as part of their book bloggers program.  I was not required to write a positive review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.    
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment