Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Medic-7 Series

Paramedic Killer
The only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them dies.


An early morning wreck. A grisly, fiery mess. Paramedic Jim Stockbridge does his best to save the family but the flames drive him back. Now, with a masked killer out for revenge and two beautiful women on his mind, Jim is about to learn that failure is not an option - especially when lives are on the line.
  




Paramedic Killer
Published November 24th 2015
 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas  
5 Stars

Pat Patterson brings us a suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last page is turned.  This story revolves around paramedic, Jim Stockbridge, from Core Creek, North Carolina. 
 6 years ago his unit respond to a horrific head on crash and being the first on the scene he knew he should wait for heavy rescue ( a firefighter with specialized equipment ), but his training propelled him to try to help anyway.  He assessed the first vehicle and realized it was to late to help the three occupants.  At the other vehicle there was a lot of confusion as family members are trying to extricate other family from the carnage.  With the smell of gas permeating the air everyone knew it was only a matter of time until an explosion. Of course no one foresaw how the explosion would rock their small tight knit community. 

Fast forward 6 years and Jim is still working as a paramedic on East Beach in North Carolina.  He's been dealing with depression, but also a lot of anger since the death of his best friend 6 months ago.  The next 24 hours will be very intense for him and show the true make of the man.  
Called to respond to shots fired with casualty on Reservoir Street, the scariest place in town.  The victim he and his partner found was unfortunately his ex partner and fellow paramedic who had very grave wounds.  While trying to package him for transport two masked figures step out of the shadows armed and suddenly he's fighting for his very life.  
This is a fast paced story packed with lots of action and suspense.  It showcases a paramedics job and the fact that they never know what they are facing when they leave on a call.  The author brings strong, well developed characters and a plot that will keep you guessing until the last page is turned.  This is the second book in the series, but I feel it is definitely a stand alone story.  I have not read the first book though.
Pat Patterson is a new author for me, but not for long. This story has an intriguing title and cover.  I really enjoyed this book. 
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves suspense.  

I received this book from the Publisher for a honest review without bias or outside influence. I was not required to write a positive review.  I want to thank them for this opportunity.  


Pat Patterson 
I am a paramedic, an educator, a family man, and an adventurer. I love life, and live to go fast. I used to race motorcycles, now I ride a mountain bike. I have sailed since I was nine, taken a million pictures, studied many topics, and bandaged a lot of people. I write about what I know. So if my stories are gritty, a little fast, colorful and full of adventure, it's because I've been there, on the water, in the woods, and on the street, with dying people in my arms, and that has left a deep impression on my heart.

But at the end of the day, I'm just a paramedic with a lot of stories to tell. Answering the Call is a collection of short stories written as devotionals to encourage my 1st responder friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting Pat and Paramedic Killer!! If you're readers are interested, here is the link to Pat's book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015YNDSHE/

    His novel, Tested by Fire, is the first in the Medic 7 series. And his devotional, Answering the Call, is a great gift for those working in emergency medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eddie, thank you for stopping by. I really enjoyed this story. I loved the fact that he used his experience in the field to help tell a story. Yes, I will be picking up his other books. Blessings

      Delete