Saturday, July 18, 2015

Logan Point #3

Gone Without a Trace (Logan Point, #3) 
Published by  Fleming H. Revell Company
Release Date: July 7, 2015
5 Stars

Patricia Bradley and Revell has released the third installment in the Logan Point series.  It's a combination of suspense, intrigue, forgiveness and a sweet romance.  This is a great book.

Brief Description

It's been more than two years since homicide detective Livy Reynolds's cousin disappeared from Logan Point. Unlike most people in her hometown, Livy has never believed that Robyn left voluntarily. When Dallas private investigator Alex Jennings contacts Livy concerning a missing senator's daughter who was last seen in Logan Point, she notices eerie similarities between the two disappearances. But with self-doubt plaguing her and an almost instant dislike of Jennings, Livy is finding this investigation an uphill battle. With her future in law enforcement on the line, can she find a way to work with a man who is her polar opposite? 

We are introduced to Olivia "Livy" Reynolds who is a detective under scrutiny by her own police department.  She was involved in a shooting a few months back that has left her so guilt ridden that even her own partner questions is she's still fit for duty.  Livy knows she needs some down time to come to terms with the shooting so she heads to Logan Point. 
Alex Jennings is a private investigator who is located in Dallas, but receives an assignment to locate the missing  granddaughter of a senator who is both a colleague and friend of his own grandfather.  The latest information leads him to Logan Point and Livy Reynolds. 
 With Livy's knowledge of the area and her work in law enforcement Alex felt her friendship and assistance would be an asset.  Suddenly it comes to light that his case may be related to Livy's missing cousin, but could they connect the dots?  As the case escalates both find danger lurking at every turn.

I loved the strong, well developed characters.  They are both flawed, but their flaws make them more real to me.  I would recommend anyone to read this story if they love a good, edge of your seat suspense.  The engaging storyline will keep the reader turning the pages until the end.  This book was released as part of a series, but I feel it's  a stand alone novel since I have not read either of the first two books. 
 I received this book from Revell to give  a honest review without bias or outside influence. 

Meet the Author:

Patricia Bradley 

Honoring God through my writing is top priority for this Mississippi Writer.
 I am a Romantic Suspense writer living in the Deep South. My short-stories have been published in Woman’s World, and I am releasing my fourth book this summer. Gone Without a Trace is book three in the Logan Point Series which is set in Memphis and the surrounding area. Click here to find out more about the Logan Point Series.
Book one in the Logan Point Series, Shadows from the Past, has won several awards…the 2008 Maggie (Inspirational Category)…1st Place in the 2012 Touched By Love and Daphne du Maurier contests…finaled in the 2012 Genesis…bronzed in the Frasier.
I’ve also done the unthinkable–written a straight romance–who would’ve thought it’d be such fun? You can read more about it here.
I’m also an abstinence/healthy relationship speaker and have spoken to many students…and adults. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to your group. If you are would like to invite me to speak, feel free to contact me here.
When I’m not writing or speaking, I throw mud on a wheel and try to make something beautiful.

Contact Info:
http://www.patriciabradleyauthor.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patricia-Bradley-Author
 https://twitter.com/PTBradley1

 



 

1 comment:

  1. I don't read a lot of suspense, but I really enjoy Patricia's writing, maybe because her characters seem to have more depth than in other suspense stories I've read. I thought all three books were excellent and look forward to #4, which I think is Bailey's story (Livy's missionary sister). Thanks for sharing, Katrina.

    ReplyDelete